Bellingham Garbage Disposal Repair & Replacement Services
Searching for affordable Bellingham garbage disposal repair and replacement services? Get in touch with the trusted professionals at Eagle Plumbing & Heating at (360) 318-9999. Click here for discounts and savings on several of our valued services.
Eagle Plumbing & Heating is the company that people in Bellingham and the surrounding areas trust to handle even the most complicated procedures. Our certified professionals provide highly effective repair, replacement, and maintenance services at a reasonable price. We also offer around-the-clock emergency service to ensure the safety of your property and loved ones. Whether you are looking for specialized sump pump services, a professional drain cleaning, or need to have your garbage disposal repaired or replaced, our professionals are here to help. To read reviews from other customers in your area on the services we provide, click here.
What are common problems with your garbage disposal and how do we solve them?
- Leaking disposal: A leaky garbage disposal is a common problem that is usually caused by a loose screw or gasket. Depending on the severity of the situation a simple tightening may be all that is needed, but additional services could be required.
- Loss of power: If your garbage disposal system loses power it could be due to a disrupted or faulty connection. Our skilled professionals can determine the cause of the issue and make the necessary corrections.
- Jammed unit: Putting improper items down a garbage disposal system can cause it to jam. When this occurs, we usually have to replace the engine, because such a situation causes it to burn out.‘
- Unpleasant noises: A noisy garbage disposal can indicate that a screw or blade has come loose and needs to be tightened. It can also be a sign that a blade is irreparably damaged and needs to be replaced.
- Clogs: Your garbage disposal’s efficiency will begin to decline if there is a clog located further down in your pipe. Our professionals can remove the clog, circumventing any further issues.
When should you repair or replace your unit?
When our knowledgeable professionals come to inspect your garbage disposal we first consider the nature of the problem. A clogged pipe or wiring that needs to be properly connected can be relatively simple to fix. However, major problems may require our professional replacement services. If your unit’s motor is damaged it may be more cost-effective to replace your garbage disposal rather than repair it.
Parts for older units, such as bearing and blades, are sometimes difficult to locate and can also be quite costly. If your garbage disposal seems to be experiencing problems quite often, it is likely a good idea to have a newer and more efficient system installed. Additionally, a garbage disposal that shakes or vibrates constantly can indicate that the entire unit needs to be replaced. The expert professionals at Eagle Plumbing & Heating can help you to weigh your options, deciding whether a repair service or a new installation will better suit your needs.
What are some simple maintenance tips?
Do not throw hard food items into a garbage disposal. Many people try to stuff corncobs and other products down their system, which can seriously damage your unit. Continue to run water into your system for at least 25 seconds after the engine has been turned off. Also, keep all metal objects away from your garbage disposal.
A fork, spoon, or similar object can wreak havoc on the blades and even damage the engine. Next, do not overwork your garbage disposal. Give your unit some time before shredding another batch of food waste; otherwise the motor in your system can potentially overheat. Finally, never pour oil into your garbage disposal. Oil can get stuck within your pipes, causing food particles to build up, eventually leading to a clog.
For expert garbage disposal repair and replacement services in Bellingham and the surrounding areas, contact the skilled professionals at Eagle Plumbing & Heating. Call us today at (360) 318-9999.