Bellingham Water Softener Installation & Repair Services
Searching for expert Bellingham water softener installation and repair services? Contact the reliable professionals at Eagle Plumbing & Heating. Call us today at (360) 318-9999. To save on many of our valued services, click here.
For many homeowners hard water is a large inconvenience that creates several issues inside your residence. It can destroy appliances, irritate skin, and create health risks for you and your family. An efficient water softener can easily remove mineral deposits, such as calcium and magnesium from your water, ensuring that it is clean and safe to use in your home. The certified professionals at Eagle Plumbing & Heating offer professional water softener services to Bellingham and the surrounding areas, guaranteeing that your residence is protected against the harmful effects of hard water. To read reviews from other customers in your area on our exceptional services, click here.
What are the main benefits of water softeners?
- Reduces dryness: Hard water contains unwanted minerals that can dry out your skin and hair. A water softener will eliminate these minerals, helping to alleviate irritation.
- Decreases rust stains: When you make the decision to have a water softener installed it will significantly reduce the amount of rust found on silverware and fixtures.
- Reduced calcium buildup: You may notice a white colored buildup of calcium on your faucets, which is directly related to the presence of hard water in your home. A water softener will help to eliminate this problem.
- Eliminates odor: Hard water can often have a very bad odor and taste. Softened water is extremely pure, and you will immediately notice a difference in quality.
How often do you need to maintain your unit?
Water softeners generally run on rock salt that must to be added to the machine on a consistent basis. The rate at which salt needs to be added to your water softener is different for every home, as some households are larger and therefore utilize their system more often. Rock salt is what ionizes and removes harmful minerals found in hard water, so it is imperative that you add it to your tank as needed in order to receive the best results. Most water softeners have an indicating light that will alert you when the machine is running low on salt. As with any other appliance, a water softening system will need to be cleaned from time to time so that it continues to function properly. It is recommended that you clean your unit at least once a year to ensure its optimal efficiency. It is also beneficial to have your water softener regularly serviced by a certified plumbing professional to circumvent any potential issues.
What are some common signs that you have hard water?
- Dry skin and hair: The molecules in hard water do not often react well with soap, so even after you rinse, you may still have a thin layer of soap or shampoo that is left behind. This is what often causes your skin or hair to dry out, even after multiple applications of lotion and conditioner.
- Unpleasant smell or taste: Hard water can sometimes produce an unpleasant odor similar to that of rotten eggs. You man even notice an unusual taste if you fail to have a water softener installed.
- Clothes are hard to clean: Hard water can also cause complications when doing your laundry, and clothes will not come out as clean.
- Stains on dishes: When washing dishes, the minerals in hard water can eat away at silver, which causes it to rust. Hard water will also leave spots on glassware that are very difficult to rinse away.
If you are looking to install a water softener in your home or need to repair your current unit, contact the specialists at Eagle Plumbing & Heating at (360) 318-9999.